Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I am sitting here awkwardly typing as baby Zander sleeps in the crook of one arm and the wireless keyboard is propped up by the pillow supporting my arm. I carry Zander around everywhere. On Monday Rob was home and I think I put Zander down for an hour. I am going to need some serious massage therapy when he gets older. I am loving every minute and wish it would slow down. That is the advice every new mom gets, hold them while you can and enjoy it all. Of course we all stress and don't get to enjoy it, but this time things are so different. Every time I look at Zander I remember what a little miracle he is.
I feel like I don't know how to function these last couple of days, there is no drama right now, I am used to things being so stressful and full of drama. To just sit back and relax and to just do the normal day to day stuff seems so calm. I can take twice as long to do the normal day to day stuff because there is no drama to deal with when I am done.
Our Christmas was fantastic. The boys got some much needed toys, they have kept busy with them. We had breakfast at my dads and supper at my moms. At my moms dinner was lasagne and chicken manicotti with alfredo sauce. We like to do something other than turkey for christmas dinner because most people have more than one christmas dinner they go to and then sick of turkey. Clean up is so much easier too. Every year we find a price point for each person and get one gift that is from all of us. Usually they give me the money and I do it for everyone, but this year because I was pregnant and then busy with a new baby we drew names. They got me the cake pops maker. I tried it out after dinner, it was pretty cool, I couldn't figure out how to get the sticks to stay in the cake, because it is all fluffy inside and not dense like the other ones I make. I think with chocolate it might work better. It did taste good though. My mom got the mini cupcake one, it takes 5-7 minutes to cook the cake pops.

No comments: