Saturday, August 23, 2008

I feel educated lol!

I went to my brother's tonight, while my mom watched the boys..... to give me a break..... ahhhhh it was so nice. We ordered Thai food from Chili Club Thai House, it was fantastic, I would definetly recommend it. We have been trying to see You Don't Mess With a Zohan and when we tried to see it in the theater it had just went to the cheap theaters... so we tried to see it tonight and it had just left the cheap theaters tonight..... lol so frustrating.... Oh well I guess were not supposed to see it. So in the end we rented a movie, and now I feel very educated. The movie was Charlie Wilson's War.... it was about the Cold War from 1979 to 1989. It had Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts and Philip Seymour Hoffman in it. They did a very good job. So it turns out that the states gave Afghanistan over one billion dollars to fight off the Soviet's. Johanne Herring was the start of it... she convinced Charlie Wilson who was in Congress to get the Congress to up the total from 5 million in weapons to 40 million to give to Afghanistan. So Charlie Wilson and a CIA Agent went about this for 10 years.... getting Afghanistan the weapons they needed and helping them. I don't know about you but I didn't learn that part about the Cold War in school. This is a true story as well.... on the extras they had Charlie Wilson talk about it as well as Johanne Herring. The story seemed long but I guess it all took place in a space of 10 years... so they did a really good job and like I said I feel very educated now lol!.

No comments: