Friday, February 6, 2009

Our newest addition



I just got a turtle today, he is the cutest thing. I had one at Christmas 2002, but it died shortly after I got him, we went away and asked our neighbors to watch our animals and feed them, and when we came back the turtle was dead. So I guess this is my second chance.
We are trying to decide between two names either Micheal Angelo, for those of you who don't know he is a Ninja Turtle, LOL!! or Yoki.
This turtle is really awesome, he is sofriendly. The other one I had would always hide when you came around or picked him up. My favorite part is they eat anything that their mouth can fit around and that includes the little feeder fish.... it is so cool when they dive down from their perch to snatch a fish.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Way to go!! You're much braver than I! We have 3 new additions to our family!! Thanks to having boys as you well know... we now have 3 african dwarf aquatic frogs (google that name)... two are about the size of your toonie and the other is the sz of your thumb nail!!! They can jump out of the tank(10g) so the lid must be left shut at all times!! AND IF YOU THINK I WILL PICK THEM UP....FORGET IT!! LOL!! SICK!! It does not help at all that we..well.. the boys... have to feed them blood worms...its all sick!!lol!! Boys... snakes and snails and puppy dog tails!!! Thank God for boys!!
Liza

G said...

Whoa! The turtle is a only a tiny bit bigger than the toonie. Thats pretty cool. Where did you get the turtle?

Mairs said...

I got the turtle from BC... because it is illegal to sell them in Alberta... not illegal to have them though. Yeah Liza I totally understand I don't like picking up slimy things either... lol!

Chantelle said...

do they get bigger then that? I didn't realize they could be so tiny!!!

Mairs said...

Yes they do get bigger than that.... I think the shell grows to the size of the palm of a male hand. hmmmm I guess when that happens I will have to move to California so it can live outside.... lol wishful thinking. They also can live to 65 years.... that is a long time to commit to an animal.... but I have had one before and have missed it very much and I have thought about getting another turtle for a long time.