Monday, February 16, 2009

The Sultans Tent









We went to the Sultans Tent on Friday for Valentine's diner.... I don't like going out on Valentine's Day because it is too busy and there is always this unspoken rule that you have to act a certain way and it seems fake to me.
The Sultans Tent was awesome. For those of you who have never been there you have to eat with your hands only.... they don't even offer you utensils. There are spoons that come with the dishes but they are too big to eat with, they are just for serving. The food is Moroccan, my favorite was an appetizer, it had chicken and spices with an icing sugar and cinnamon coating on top. When the waiter brought me the soup in the bowl that I am drinking from in the picture.... it looks like a really big tea cup. Anyway the waiter says to me that I am going to want to pick out the chicken and the chick peas cause they are the biggest, lol then we all start laughing cause I knew he was pulling our leg.
The other picture is Isabella trying her talent of pouring tea from really high.

Then on Valentines Day we went over to Craig's house, we were supposed to go and look at the ice sculptures in Lake Louise but Craig and Isabella were sick, so I made breakfast, heart shaped pancakes and heart shaped eggs, LOL!!

4 comments:

Mellie B. said...

ya me and mandy just went there too. that appatizer was amazing hey? dont inhale lol so yummy!! everything there is good!

Mairs said...

Lol..... yeah don't inhale.... Craig did and chocked and then told us not to inhale and of course we did

Mairs said...

Oh mel I still can't see your blog

Jessica deLeeuw said...

Hey I just went to Sultans Tent too.. Jason took me for my bday/vday on Thursday. It's great food.. my fav is the cous cous... mmmmmmmm!!!!! Oh ya and the little chocolates they gave us for the vantine's special... I love that place!