Friday, January 8, 2010









Here is the pictures of the fort that Rob and I built for the boys...... they really liked it.

The other picture is the cake that I made for Ariels birthday, it is so adorable. I had some issues with it though, I made a box cake and it was only enough to fill one side, I couldn't run out Thursday night to get it because it was late, so I ditched the one side and followed the recipe on the back of the box and it wasn't quite enough batter to fill both sides, so it ended up filling in the nose just enough for the outside of the mold, so I ended up sticking in some of the cake from the middle when I leveled it. Then the recipe calls for demerura sugar for the fur.... it is like a crystal like brown sugar, but I didn't have any and I saw on a website to color coconut brown, I tried and it wouldn't work because my brown is clumpy now because I haven't used it in awhile, so I stuck the coconut in the oven under broil and browned it. The molds were given to me by Robs parents for Christmas.... I love it and it goes for any occasion because you can just make appropriate clothes for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Amazed again at your creativity!! Way to go...Kitas bday is in March!! U take orders???LOL!
LS

Mellie B. said...

Ya the cake did turn out great!! I love the coconut and the bow!! The fort went together nicely thats a great idea!! Go Mark LOL!!!