Saturday, March 26, 2011

I am back at the hospital Rob is sleeping he passed out as soon as I got here. He had a little lunch but I wished he would have eaten more. The doctor came in just after I got here and checked him over and everything is good except he is retaining too much fluid. They are giving him an extra dose of Lasik and it makes him flush the fluid out. Every day they take his blood and let us keep track of his blood counts as well. I will post them as we get them todays are:

White blood cells (immune system) 8.9 should be between 4-11 so those are ok

Red blood cells ( carry oxygen around) 91 should be between 137-180 they are ok.. less than 80 they will do a blood transfusion

Platelets (clot your blood) 85 they should be between 150 and 400, less than 10 they will do a blood tranfusion.

If Rob is feeling up to it he could go home tonight. One of the drugs he is having makes him sick later instead of right away so last night he was feeling sick and they gave him gravol around 10. They will send some pills home with us.
I am eating oatmeal cookies and oatmeal cake that is ok for lunch right?? it has oatmeal in it lol!!

Robs mom is here and again I want to say how grateful we are to have friends and family be here to help and visit. It is so amazing that Robs family from 560km and more away take the trip out here. It is sad that people 20 min away can't make it. I should probably take that last sentence off but it is the truth and that is what a blog is for, if you don't like it, don't read it :)

No comments: