Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday was a very long day. We were at the hospital all day learning about stuff. We took a tour of the unit Rob will be staying in. We got more information from the nurse about everything. It was very overwhelming. I just wanted to come home and sleep. I am so happy and thankful that my brother and sister in-law are here. They kept me going and they saw that Rob didn't want them to go quite yet so they are staying another day. Rob will be admitted on Wednesday so if you don't have a cold and you are not sick then please go and visit him. No children under the age of 10.
I was talking with my sister in-law about the last time Rob went through this and we asked our selves if we just stuck our head in the sand. It felt like we just turned a blind eye, Rob and I would go to chemo on Wednesday and then he took Thursday off and was back to work on Monday. We would forget about it for a week and start again the next Wednesday. This time I think there is so much more awareness and involvement from others not just the patient. Yesterday at the meetings Tina and I had to suck our breathe in to keep from crying, in was very intense and black and white.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know that I am praying praying for Robert and your whole family. If there was a way to send you some courage, strength and faith that Robert will get better I would like to do that!..... Best Wishes & please deliver ((hugs)) to Robert for me.
Love, Linda & Amber

Kathleen Powers said...

Want you to know that we are thinking of you. All our love is with you and Rob during this hard and painful time. Stay strong, my heart goes out to you! - Kathleen